Swedish Krona Casinos
History of Swedish Krona
The Swedish krona is the official currency of the European country of Sweden. When addressed in English, it's often referred to as the Swedish crown, which is an accurate translation of the word krona in the language. The Swedish krona entered the scene because of the Scandinavian Monetary Union beginning in 1876 up until World War 1. The union dissolved in 1914, but the three-member countries, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway decided to continue with the same names for their now separate currencies.
The Swedish krona is surprisingly popular on the foreign exchange market. It holds the ninth place as the most traded currency worldwide by value, sparking tons of interest in the online casino scene! When the currency's denominations are in question, you’ll find six banknotes and four coins. The banknotes include 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1,000 Swedish krona. The coins consist of 1, 2, 5, and 10 krona.
Safe Casino Deposit Methods that Accept Swedish Krona
The online gambling market in Europe is bustling, and Sweden is a big part of it! Many Swedish players enjoy the thrill of online casinos, and we can’t say that we blame them. The good news is, the Swedish krona as a currency is viable with many popular payment options, especially ones with roots in Europe. While they might have some trouble finding it in foreign markets, players should have no issue transacting with Swedish krona in Swedish casinos close to home. With this information in mind, here are the best casino deposit methods that accept Swedish krona:
- Zimpler: Zimpler is a payment solution developed by a Swedish fintech company with online gambling transactions in mind! Intending to make online transactions fast and easy, the service got to work and quickly spread throughout Europe. These days, Zimpler is a popular choice in plenty of European venues. It facilitates transactions without the need for an account. All users need is a valid bank card and a mobile number to approve their transfers!
- Trustly: Trustly is another popular payment solution that was established in Sweden. Formerly known as InstantBank, the service wanted to minimize outdated and slow traditional bank transfers and replace them with near-instant online transactions. We’re happy to say they succeeded! Trustly acts as an intermediary between your bank account and the online casino of your choice. On top of offering quick transactions, it lets users make online payments just by using their bank account details!
- Skrill: Skrill, also known as Moneybookers, is one of the most popular eWallet options currently available on the market. It’s a well-established payment service worldwide, offering users safe transactions with quite a few pros attached! The biggest perks of Skrill are undoubtedly the low fees and fast processing times. Of course, its availability also helps! Because of its stellar reputation, Skrill is accepted in thousands of online casinos worldwide!
- MuchBetter: MuchBetter is another eWallet option that made it onto the list. While the service offers most of the same perks as other eWallets, it’s said that the fees attached to it are the lowest you’ll run into out there! MuchBetter is the perfect option for a younger generation of online gambling fans that like to do everything online. The service operates completely on the net and even offers a mobile app to make deposits and withdrawals more convenient.
- VISA: If you’re more of a traditionalist, then going for options like VISA bank cards is an excellent option. Pretty much everyone’s heard of VISA. As the most widespread bank card worldwide, it’s available in most online casinos, with a few somewhat more recent exceptions. With VISA, you get something most other methods can’t offer. Of course, we’re talking about top-tier safety! You can bet your top dollar that your payments will be secure, albeit somewhat slower than usual.
Gambling Restrictions for Swedish Krona
It probably won’t come as a surprise to learn that the Swedish gambling market is highly regulated. Based on the postulates of player protection and prevention of problem gambling, the Sweden Gambling Act provides a legal framework for all games of luck, online and offline. It also shouldn’t come as surprise to learn that the Sweden jurisdiction is governed by the Swedish Gambling Authority, which does an excellent job of keeping things in check.
Swedish players are free to play in online casinos worldwide, as there’s no ban on online gambling. Of course, it’s worth noting that unless the online casino of their choice is licensed by the Swedish Gambling Authority, they shouldn’t expect much in terms of player protection. We recommend sticking to casinos that have been verified by the SGA and have earned their license. You’ll undoubtedly have the best user experience when visiting these venues.
16 Casinos Found
To save you time, we are only displaying casinos that are accepting players from Virginia.
If we have jumped the gun, you can remove that filter by clicking here.
Highest Community Rated Online Casinos
Join today and start earning rewards
You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.