U.S. Dollars Casinos
History of USD
USD or the United States Dollar is the national currency of the United States of America. The currency is among the most popular ones worldwide, as it’s the most widely used currency when international transactions are in question. It might come as a surprise to most, but the US dollar was based on the appearance of the eight-dollar coin, or the Spanish dollar. It was issued by the United States Mint, which was established back in 1792. The first US dollar notes came into play years later in 1861, as demand notes to fund the Civil War.
At the moment, you can come face to face with seven different kinds of US dollar notes and six kinds of coins. The printed currencies include $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. Notes higher than $100 were in circulation in the past, but their printing was stopped in 1969. When coins are in question, you can find 1 cent, 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 50 cents, and a $1 coin.
Safe Casino Deposit Methods that Accept USD
Since the US dollar is the most widely used currency for international transactions, it should come as no surprise to learn that it’s also pretty popular in real money online casinos. While the US might have some restrictions regarding online gambling, that doesn’t limit other countries that use this currency. You can find the US dollar available in plenty of online gambling venues globally. Naturally, this doesn’t mean it has free reign everywhere. Not all deposits are USD-friendly, so we’ve made a list that features the top 5 methods you can currently go for:
- VISA: With VISA being the biggest bank card in the world, this option is an easy choice for many US players. Not only is this method one of the oldest and most popular ones on a global scale, but it offers something all casino fans look for these days – safety! On the other end, using VISA also comes with some drawbacks. Mainly, players need to share their banking information with the operator of their choice.
- Western Union is an American payment service based in Colorado. While there are several ways to transfer money with this payment solution, the online transfer option is the one used for online casino payments. The advantages of using this method are clear from the start. It’s quick, and it’s convenient. Unfortunately, it also comes with some pretty big cons that might put some players off. Western Union comes with hefty fees and has recently gained a reputation for being involved in unsavory business related to scams.
- Zelle is a pretty new contender to the online casino scene. The payment option is quick, easy to use, and works with most major banks in the United States! To use the service, players need to create an account, load it, and proceed to make a deposit. It’s that easy! Zelle has grown in popularity because of its Bitcoin option. Users have a chance to purchase Bitcoin through the service and use it to maximize their privacy.
- Ria is a payment option that’s popular for transcontinental transactions. Since it can work as an eVoucher of sorts, Ria is an excellent choice for players in the United States. Users can generate a code by clicking on the deposit option at an online casino and pay at the nearest Ria pay point, which is usually a 7-Eleven gas station store.
- Remitly: Remitly is an emerging payment option that’s started gaining traction in the US. Established in Washington in 2011, this operator has grown over the years to finally enter the online gambling scene! Remitly is an entirely online payment option. As such, its biggest pro is the minuscule fees attached to transactions! With this excellent advantage on its side, we don’t doubt it’s going to become a fan favorite in online casinos everywhere.
Gambling Restrictions for USD
Gambling has a long and rich history in the USA. Most of us are familiar with a few legendary tales of the games cowboys used to play in the Wild West, and these tales still inspire top-tier casino games even now! While there are many misconceptions about online gambling in the United States today, one thing everyone should keep in mind is that online gambling isn’t illegal in the US! American citizens are free to play in US-based online casinos per state-by-state regulations.
There are many things to look out for when gambling in the US is in question. Since the laws and regulations surrounding gambling are different for each state, it’s best to keep up to date with the restrictions they’ve set in place. While this might seem like a lot of work, we’ve compiled a list of venues open to US players and have provided in-depth information on what to look out for when online gambling in the USA.
148 Casinos Found
To save you time, we are only displaying casinos that are accepting players from Virginia.
If we have jumped the gun, you can remove that filter by clicking here.
Highest Community Rated Online Casinos
Join today and start earning rewards
You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.