Vietnamese Dong Casinos
A Historical Summary of Vietnamese Dong
The dong is Vietnam’s official currency. It was first issued back in 1978 by the State Bank of Vietnam. Before South and North Vietnam united to form what we know today simply as Vietnam, the currency was used in both territories after replacing the French Indochinese piastre. The Vietnamese dong has been subject to many changes over the years, especially when its subdivisions and coins are in question. Because of this, the currency has been pushing to move exclusively to banknotes, with solid success.
There are currently 14 denominations of the Vietnamese dong circulating in the region. Nine of them are banknotes, while the other five are coins. The banknotes are used frequently and they include 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000, 200,000, and 500,000 dong. The coins are 200, 500, 1,000, 2,000, and 5,000. These coins still have legal tender, but they’re rare. In many places, they’re no longer in active use. You shouldn’t be surprised if they’re turned down in some local shops.
What Banking Methods Are Accepted for Vietnamese Dong Casino Deposits?
The Vietnamese dong is one of the weakest currencies circulating worldwide. Because of this, it’s not very popular outside of the country’s borders. If you’re expecting support for the Vietnamese dong by many top-tier payment options, you’ll be sorely disappointed. While tons of online casinos are welcoming to players from the region, the currency is viable through a few more local options. The good news is, these options aren’t as bad as you might think! Here are some of the top ones you can try:
- GoCash88: GoCash88 has been around for a while now, but many of its aspects are still unknown to players. The service was launched by a Malaysian company. Right now, its reach extends to several Asian countries and beyond! Unfortunately, GoCash88 is only available in a few online casinos, limiting your options. While this is a pretty big downside, the benefits you receive in return are pretty good! The eWallet grants users anonymity in their transactions and supports quick processing times!
- Help2Pay: Help2Pay is a local service with a solid grasp of the Southeast Asian market. Its reach beyond that might be limited, but it’s a popular choice in many Asian gambling venues! Like most of the other options on this list, Help2Pay is a digital payment platform. It offers users convenience and speed, along with heightened anonymity! Players will need to create an account using their banking info to use the service, but this data is kept confidential.
- Ezpay: Ezpay is one of the most popular payment services in Asia. It can be used for all sorts of payments, but it’s not the most widely available option when online casino transactions are in question. Still, using Ezpay can be an exciting venture! Since the service is fully online, it offers users a convenient way to pay online through a secure channel! The method’s security is one of its best advantages! It might not have much else to offer, but it’s safe and reliable.
- ViPay: ViPay is a relatively unknown payment service hailing from Cambodia. It’s gained some traction in a few Asian countries, but it hasn’t had much success breaking into the online casino scene. That said, it’s still a go-to option for some Vietnamese casino fans! Information on ViPay is pretty scarce, but we know that the service is fully online. Thanks to this, users can transact through a browser or mobile app in just a few clicks!
- ph: CirclePay.ph is another lesser-known payment option that caters specifically to Vietnamese and Thai users. Putting internet banking at the forefront, this service makes online shopping an easy task for everyone willing to give it a shot! When online casinos come into play, Circlepay.ph gives users a chance to deposit instantly and avoid hefty fees. Unfortunately, it’s not a viable option in too many online casinos at the moment.
Is It Legal to Gamble With Vietnamese Dong?
Because of the country’s culture, gambling is looked down on in Vietnam. In the same light, the Vietnamese government has a negative view of the activity, and it actively tries to deter citizens from it. While land-based casinos, sports betting, and lotteries have been legalized in Vietnam, they come with some pretty harsh restrictions. If you want to play at some of these gambling venues, you’ll need to prove that you earn a certain amount of money.
The state of online gambling is a bit different. The activity is banned, so players won’t find any Vietnamese online casino even if they search for days! Since there’s a lack of regulation with online gambling, player protection is nonexistent. Vietnamese citizens can play in foreign venues, but they do so at their own risk. If they get caught gambling online by the Vietnamese government, they will face fines. Fortunately, these punishments are rarely enforced.
Casinos found: 0
Highest Community Rated Online Casinos
Join today and start earning rewards
You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.